What Sets You In A Tizzy?

We all have some trigger that sets us off. Makes us anxious. Grind our teeth. Hold our breath. Or even make us angry. Mine is a ringing telephone.

Yeah, I know. A ringing telephone. It absolutely drives me crazy for the telephone to ring! My cell phone even has a polite little "Ding" instead of telephone ring. But I still know that means someone has called. And it's going to get me off kilter. I'll be taken away from whatever I am working on at the moment, whether that is a client, or a writing job, or research I'm deep in, I've got to stop what I am doing and answer the phone. Why?

Well, there's six adult children who ALL live away; a Dad who is 81 years old and might be sick; or this; or that. So, for a brief moment, my heart races and I hold my breath, and my blood pressure begins to rise.

So what's sets you in a tizzy? And what can you do about it?

Well, I can't get away from my cell phone. I have clients who call me, even after hours; children; and an aging father. So, it's with me just about 24/7. Yes, Caller ID does help. And next month I'm moving where a cell phone can't even be used. (So far into the country there are no cell towers within range!) But what can "I" do, even then, because, unfortunately, then I'll have a landline that will be doing the same thing.

Well, fortunately we can't stop life on a dime every time something doesn't go our way. However, here are a few tips  that may make things a little easier when you feel yourself go into a tizzy.

1: Pause before saying or doing anything. Just for a moment. This allows you to "reboot" and start off with a fresh attitude. Take a deep breath and count to 10 before answering the phone!


2: Get out into the open air for a little while every day. Exercise out of doors if you can! Go for a walk, stretch, or practice yoga poses! Exercising sends endorphins throughout your brain and body and gives you a sense of peace and calm.


3: Pray or meditate daily. Make a practice of starting your day with prayer or meditation, even if it's only for a few minutes. Doing this gives you a start to each day with a clear head, and a thankful heart!


4: Use a journal or planner. Add a daily appointments, and make an "appointment" with yourself for everything you HAVE to get done. Then add in those things you'd like to see yourself get done. Tackle that "HAVE TO" list first. Start with the largest, so that things get easier as the day progresses and you start to run out of steam! I use a Bullet Journal, which means I can tick off each item as I complete it! If there's time after you finish that HAVE TO list, then you can start on that LIKE TO list. Remember, things can, do, and will go awry at times. If you accomplish those big things first, you can usually get caught up later on the smaller ones if you have to! (Incidentally, I call my journal my WAR BOOK - it helps me "fight the good fight"; I keep a page in each of my journals to write down one thing daily that I am truly grateful for. At the end of the year, I have 365 things I can say I am truly thankful for! This helps me to remember not to take anything for granted!)


5: Eat healthy. Cut back on red meats, eat more fish and poultry. Try to limit meat protein to only a few times a week, and focus more on nuts, beans and legumes for protein. Try to focus on more plant based meals of vegetables and fruits. Believe me, your body, and your brain, will thank you!


6: Make sure you have regular wellness checkups. And today, now more than ever, it is so important to keep your body healthy! And now, it is easier than ever with telemedicine! You can see your doctor right over your cell phone, tablet, or computer! You can even teleconference on a regular phone if you want!


Companies like Health Alliance Network make it easier and more affordable than ever! With one low cost for your entire family! Less than a cup of coffee a day! ($34.99) No deductibles. No copay. And they are available 24/7/365. Open around the clock, even on holidays! And you can even discuss what causes you to go in a tizzy any time you want! They are there for all of your non-emergency healthcare needs, and are happy to answer  any questions you have day or night! We are available in all 50 States and Puerto Rico!

So how can you find out more? Simple, you can click HERE and find out all about us. Or feel free to send me an email at my private email and I will answer any questions you may have. cynthiahenry@consultant.com

Come see what the new face in medicine looks like today! HEALTH ALLIANCE NETWORK we're here when you want us to be!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Sleeping on Your Left Side is Best